Pages

Voting

Friday, April 15, 2011

By Your Side

A few months ago, I was reading a blog called Far From Perfect. In that specific blog post, she was talking about a really good song that she heard and liked. At the end of the post, there was a video of the lyrics while playing the song. I listened to it, read the lyrics, and realized how GREAT the lyrics are. Later on, I watched ANOTHER video that was of the guy who wrote the song, telling about it. He said that he wanted to write a song basically from God's perspective.

Here are the lyrics, and what they mean to me.( The side notes in bold, are what the lyrics mean to me) :

By Your Side-Tenth Avenue North
Why are you striving these days?
Why are you trying to earn grace?
Why are you crying?
Let me lift up your face.
Just don't turn away- Never turn away from God.
Why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching, as if I'm not enough?- Why do we keep looking for more, when God is all we need?
Where will you go, child?-If we do turn away, where will we go?
Tell me, where will you run?
To where will you run?
Because I'll be by your side-God is ALWAYS by our side.
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night-No matter what time of the day it is, God is there.
Whenever you call,
so please don't fight these hands that are holding you.- He is holding us and helping us, so why are we trying to get away?
My hands are holding you.
Look at these hands at my side
They swallowed the grave on that night.
When I drank the world's sin, so I could carry you in
and give you life.
I want to give you life. - Jesus died. For us.

(Chorus)

Cause I
I love you!- God LOVES you. And He wants you to know that.
I want you to know!
That I
I love you!
I'll never let you go. -God will never let us down or leave us.

(Chorus)

Here in My side, My hands are holding you.







2 comments:

  1. Love this song! I heard it the other day when I was on a walk and I totally just started crying.

    It's beautiful.. so so incredible how God is right by our side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie,
    Just wanted to say "Happy Birthday!" Love reading your blogs!!--Love, Aunt Janie

    ReplyDelete